Community 3.3.6

Unlock the Power of Correlator3D: Connect, Ask, Share.

By Raphael Gibbons
Hello SimActive Community,

So far I've had no need to add GCPs to our projects, however, we have a new data set in the office with a txt file with all the GCPs shot, I tried adding it via the project tree but it seems it only accepts a .gcp file format, does anyone know how to import it if I only have a .txt file?

help is greatly appreciated.

Raph G.
By Miguel Zambrano
Hey Raph,

I'll jump and help you out, I know the answer to your question. Start by going to the AT module, then you'll see a list of tools on the right, click the icon with a triangle and an arrow (import GCP file), this will allow you to import your .txt file, If you have a header disable it and simply assign the columns (ID,X,Y,Z), after import you'll see the GCPs on the map and also on the project tree under "GCP", they will be greyed out so simply hover over them and click the pencil to begin tagging. Finally, after tagging is complete, run a bundle adjustment with ground reference set to ground control points.

I hope this was clear enough, one final thing, the .GCP file you mention is created after you import your GCPs , you'll be able to find it in the AT folder of your project.

Miguel
By Raphael Gibbons
Thank you Miguel, your instructions were spot on! I ran the bundle adjustment and got a report that covered the average XY error and RMS Z error, exactly what we needed...

Raph
DSM Comparison or Change Map

Understood, David. it worked quite well, and the f[…]

Recommended Overlap

Thank you, David, good to know. I didn't se[…]

DTM refinement

Thanks for the tips, David. Option number 3 did th[…]

Yes, that is correct Jeff.

Correlator3D for faster speeds and higher accuracies